Saturday, September 22, 2012

"I am gonna bless your socks off!"

"...you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!"  John 15:11

How awesome is that?? God, my crazy big infinte God, has promised me, little insignificant me, overflowing joy and all I have to do is accept it...

So, why is that so hard?

Accepting joy has always been difficult... I've been scared that if I feel one ounce of happiness, that my world will turn to crap and I'll just be let down and disappointed. It's just easier to start off being disappointed then to get my hopes up for something that might fail.
This mind set has got to go.

I realized that I have no reason not to trust Him, He has never disappointed me. He has never failed me. I have never been without His love. Even when I was in absolute darkness He was there waiting to let His glory burn bright in my life. In my relationship with Christ I have been the inconsistent one, the one that has failed and disappointed, not Him. And for some insane reason His love can look past my failures and promise me this beautiful gift of joy. Who am I to refuse or doubt it?

This morning's quiet time chat ended with me in complete awe at His reliability and an excitement to fully embrace His promise of joy.
My reassurance comes from His conclusion, "I am going to bless your socks off. All I want is for you to thank me for it, love me for it, trust and know that this joy will only come from me. You can search the whole world over but you will only find this joy in your surrender to my will. Press deeper into my Spirit, dig deeper into my word, then sit back and see what I can do. This is only the beginning."

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. The good is so much sweeter after you've experienced tha bad.

    Love your blog, by the way!!! =)

    ReplyDelete